Home > Attractions > Edwards Building
National Register of Historical Places
320 W. Main Street
Info: (541) 376-8411
Built in the 1860s, this commercial building housed a number of businesses including the Echo News. W.H. Crary operated the newspaper from the ground floor and lived above for many years. It was also used as a second hand store, a Japanese restaurant and even a 1910 Sanborn Maps business. It is now an apartment building.
The building may have been moved from Umatilla City in the 1880s.
The Linden tree in front of the building is on Echo’s Heritage Tree List and was planted by W.H. Crary himself. A marker on the tree provides additional information.